Wednesday 11 April 2012

Sacred Human Sacrifice Long Weekend

Thursday 5th April through Monday 9th April
Sorry about the title, but this basic premise of the Christian faith leaves me plenty COLD! the idea that this "benelovent, loving, compassionate...whatever whatever" god could sacrifice someone ( a complete innocent) to redeem others is TOTALLY beyond me. Thursday - I decide to have an impromptu gathering at the house for early drinks and some sop up chili. last minute invites, this is for an early 6:15pm come over and hopefully an early, (so we can enjoy the next day off) departure. Ted is off the Thursday and Friday. I scramble around but am ready in time with Chili and Garlic bread ready, bar set up. sue and Gerry are on time-ish then Mags gets here. she joins me in a Presecco drink up, I have two bottles. The Delisles are late....after 7 and Janet is much much later with Tom.

Peter Rippon drops in with a bottle of rum and two T-shirts to thank Ted for giving blood to John for his transfusion. Ted's A neg blood is scarcer than most. he joins in for a few drinks.  Deadly mistake...I do not eat. the chili is a hit and a great time is had by all...
until........
Sue and Gerry depart, Janet drops Tom home and returns...it's just this group for a while until Paul and Anne-Marie leave.
I eventually realize it's "late" nearly one and say so..."this was supposed to be an early night"  Who tell me to say that!?!? Mags throws a hissy and storms off. I go to bed. Ted and Janet have roadies and I am asleep by the time he comes to bed.
These volatile family situs are quite tiresome. is family all it's crackd up to be?? mine is scattered . the boys in the UK, the girls on the rock. I get to thinking it's a load of crock really. The idea is that this is the group of people who probably due to proximity and like conditions are most like you in history and up bringing.  In our case for me especially, nothing could be further from the truth. with an eight year gap between me and my nearest sibling and a world apart in parental experiences and upbringing, I do try and I even say things (see a few posts back)...but really upon further examination, it's a bit of a farce really.  At 51, I'm over suffering from LSS (little sister syndrome) and accepting any treatment and behaviour from my older sister. She emailed me as soon as she got home: it took her until that night to discover that I'm "a right rude bitch".with a "fucking problem" WOW really.??!! However, booze sometimes sits uneasy on the Pooran heads. At least I admit it. I spend the next (wasted) day  , feeling like a swamp creature...apologizing without success. I knew it should have been an EARLY night. Ted drags himself around as well all day!.

2 comments:

  1. oh shit! sorry t hear you had such an awful end to a great start. how are things now? only just stated reading your blog again. didn't realise that you'd restarted it. nice layout.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very a customed to this BS! Last week she sent a n email to her OAO sis! With message of peace and love! I guess it's over. The argument that is. Hohum! Good Luck with redec!!

      Delete